By Belinda Raines
Summer School in Budapest
In conjunction with its 15th Conference and Exhibition, The European Ceramic Society (ECerS) is hosting its summer school, “Innovative Technologies in the Field of Ceramic Manufacturing”, July 7 and 8, 2017, in Budapest, Hungary.
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) and The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation are offering up to $1,500 in travel support to selected students from non-European based universities. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be members of The American Ceramic Society, Material Advantage, Keramos, or the ACerS Global Graduate Researcher Network.
The following topics will be presented by internationally recognized experts:
- Preceramic polymer routes to advanced ceramics
- Additive manufacturing of ceramics
- Machining of ceramics: toward hybridization
- Flash sintering – new science for faster, greener densification
- From electric field assisted to water assisted sintering: Current status and possibilities offered by FAST/SPS
- Microwave sintering
- The early days of cold sintering: Where we are, where we are going, and our dreams
- Cellular ceramics: structure, processing and properties
- Processing and Properties of Eutectic Ceramic Composites
- Processing, properties and applications of transparent ceramics
Students wishing to apply for ACerS financial assistance are strongly encouraged to first secure support from their home institutions for the experience. To determine ACerS support eligibility, students should submit the following:
– a completed application
– a brief letter of recommendation from a faculty member
– a single-page letter of interest, including other sources of financial support with amounts and the relevance of this summer school to their field of study and career ambitions.
The required application documents can be emailed to Belinda Raines, Outreach Manager, at email@example.com by May 5, 2017.
Summer school attendees are encouraged to also attend ECerS 15th Conference and Exhibition which will be held in Budapest, July 9-13, 2017.