The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF) plays the primary role in advancing the educational outreach of the American Ceramic Society (ACerS), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Westerville, OH that serves as a hub for ceramic and glass professionals. Founded by ACerS in 2014, the CGIF’s mission is to attract, inspire, and support the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals. Since its inception, the CGIF has launched a number of programs to achieve its mission, including student and teacher outreach, international student exchanges, travel grants, student leadership development, a university-industry network, and an online Ceramic and Glass Career Center.
At CGIF, we believe that ceramics and glass are indispensable materials that contribute significantly to our daily lives and the future of our world. Whether it's through the technologies that enhance the efficiency and sustainability of our homes and workplaces, or the art and culture that enrich our lives, ceramics and glass play a vital role in shaping the world we live in.
To support the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals, we offer a variety of programs and resources, including:
- Student and teacher outreach programs: These programs help to educate and inspire the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals by providing hands-on learning experiences and access to industry experts.
- International student exchanges: Our international student exchange program gives young professionals the opportunity to learn from their peers and gain valuable experience working in different cultures.
- Travel grants: We offer travel grants to help students and young professionals attend conferences, workshops, and other professional development opportunities.
- Student leadership development: Our student leadership development program provides training and resources to help students develop the skills they need to lead and succeed in the ceramic and glass industries.
- University-Industry Network: Our University-Industry Network connects students, educators, and industry professionals, providing opportunities for collaboration and professional development.
- Ceramic and Glass Career Center: Our online career center offers resources and tools to help students and young professionals explore careers in the ceramic and glass industries and connect with potential employers.
CGIF is run by a small team of dedicated staff who are passionate about supporting the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals. We are committed to providing the resources and support teachers, students, and young professionals need to succeed in their careers and make a lasting impact on the world.
If you are a student or young professional interested in pursuing a career in the ceramic and glass industries, we invite you to learn more about the programs and resources offered by CGIF. Join us in our mission to inspire and support the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals.
CGIF Mission Statement
The CGIF attracts, inspires, and supports the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals.
CGIF Vision Statement
The CGIF will be the global leader in igniting student interest in ceramic and glass careers to help solve grand challenges facing humanity.
CGIF Values Statements
- Accountability – Our volunteer leaders and staff take their roles seriously and operate in ways that are open, responsible, and ethical.
- Excellence – We value and reward scientific, industrial, artistic, and educational achievement.
- Inclusion – We commit to the fair and equitable treatment of all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and any other basis.
- Service – We commit to serve donors, institutions, grant recipients, and program participants with fairness, integrity, and openness in all that we do.
- Collaboration – We value collaboration with industry partners to help fill the worldwide ceramic and glass talent pipeline.
- Awareness – We commit to provide crucial resources, programs, and outreach activities that introduce ceramic and glass science to students and educators around the world.
The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation was established as an Ohio Nonprofit Single Member Limited Liability Company and contributions to the CGIF are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The CGIF is wholly owned by The American Ceramic Society, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and is treated as a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes.