Mini Materials Kit
WITH INTERACTIVE LESSONS FOR AT-HOME LEARNING
The Mini Materials Kit features a collection of seven simple demonstrations for use practically anywhere by parents, teachers, and students who are utilizing online and at-home teaching resources. The lessons were developed by Materials Science and Engineering professors at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Each kit includes:
- All materials needed for seven demonstrations
- Illustrated lesson cards with background information, detailed instructions, and safety precautions
- Links to additional educational resources to continue learning
Seven simple lessons in each kit:
- The Science of Silly Putty®
- What is Fiber Optics?
- Magic Color Beads and UV Light
- How are Glass Fibers Made?
- What is Fluorescence?
- What is a Shape Memory Alloy?
- Does heating an aluminum nail make it harder?