Mini Materials Kit
WITH INTERACTIVE LESSONS FOR AT-HOME LEARNING
The Mini Materials Kit features a collection of seven simple demonstrations for use practically anywhere by parents, teachers, and students who are utilizing online and at-home teaching resources. The lessons were developed by Materials Science and Engineering professors at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Each kit includes:
- All materials needed for seven demonstrations
- Illustrated lesson cards with background information, detailed instructions, and safety precautions
- Links to additional educational resources to continue learning
Seven simple lessons in each kit:
- The Science of Silly Putty®
- What is Fiber Optics?
- Magic Color Beads and UV Light
- How are Glass Fibers Made?
- What is Fluorescence?
- What is a Shape Memory Alloy?
- Does heating an aluminum nail make it harder?
Are you a K-12 teacher?
All of us at the Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation want to express our deepest gratitude to educators across the globe. We support educators through providing free teaching lessons, teacher training workshops, and grants. Click the button below to explore these resources and more. Thank you for all that you do!