By Belinda Raines
The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation continued its mission of attracting, inspiring, and training the next generation of ceramic and glass professionals and is proud to highlight some of its success stories the CGIF’s 2018 Annual Report. The report was distributed in April and is available to view online by clicking here.
Some of the 2018 highlights included in the Annual Report are:
• Materials Science Classroom Kit: 225 kits were distributed throughout the United States and abroad.
• Student Travel Grants: 10 students received financial assistance to attend the European Ceramic Society’s Summer School in Hasselt, Belgium.
• Student Outreach and Exchanges: The CGIF hosted 50 university students from around the world at Winter Workshop 2018, held in conjunction with the 42nd International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites in Daytona Beach, FL.
• Student and Teacher Outreach: Exhibited and demonstrated materials science at the 2018 USA Science and Engineering Festival in Washington, DC
• Student Leadership Development and Outreach: PCSA students demonstrated ceramic and glass-oriented labs for middle and high school students for two days at MS&T2018 in Columbus, OH
• External Grants for Student Outreach: Provided over $87,000 to 12 recipients.
Read the Annual Report for more information on the exciting work of the Foundation!