By Amanda Engen
The 7th Annual Winter Workshop was held virtually this year on Feb. 17–18 and hosted participants from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia!
Winter Workshop is an event for Materials Science and Engineering students and young professionals to learn from industry professionals and network with others in ceramic and glass engineering fields.
Each year, the workshop provides a combination of technical presentations, professional development sessions, & networking opportunities. This year’s online event concluded with an interactive interviewing and resume writing workshop.
Winter Workshop 2022 Featured Presentations
- “New Thermoelectric Materials and Future Prospects of Thermoelectrics in the Space Industry” by Liz Barrios, NASA
- “Glass Science as a Route to Innovative Infrared, Visible and Bioactive Applications with a Focus on Undergraduate Research and K-12 Outreach” by Casey Schwarz, Ursinus College
- “Potential for Rare Earth Metals from Secondary and Byproduct Sources” by Gabrielle Gaustad, Alfred University
- “From Academic Theories to Real World Solutions: The Journey to Industry Leadership” by Bryn Snow, HarbisonWalker International
- Plus, a two-hour hands-on workshop for writing resumes and preparing for interviews, University of Florida Writing Program, Andrea Caloiaro, Angela Brown, & Emily Bald
We want to send out a heartfelt thank you to the presenters, participants, and committee members who helped make Winter Workshop a huge success!